The Student News Site of Aledo High School

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

Taylor Swift announces New Album at the Grammy’s

They had their predictions, suspicions and theories. At the 2024 Grammys, Taylor Swift fans from all around were ecstatic to see if any of those would come true. 

Many thought Swift would announce Taylor’s Version of Reputation. This would include revised recordings of all the previous Reputation songs, and vault tracks like the previous Taylor’s Version albums- Fearless, Red, Speak Now and 1989. After winning Album of the Year, Swift announced a new album no one was expecting, The Torture Poets Department. If you are a fan, even in the slightest, you’ll notice this album has a notable difference from her others, and some fans have strong opinions about this new release.

“I would say that part of me was excited, because no matter what, any Taylor Swift album is going to be good,” junior Caroline Pruett said. “But also disappointed because I was looking forward to the reputation of Taylor’s Version, and all the signs pointed to it got my hopes up. And then she announced her new album that no one saw coming.” 

Floral Design teacher, Jillian Clark is known for being a big Taylor Swift fan, but she specifically has a great liking for Swift’s Reputation album. When finding out Swift wasn’t creating a Taylor version of that album, she said she was disappointed.

“I really wanted Reputation TV (Taylor’s Version) or even debut,” Clark said. “I’m a debut girly, so I’m not really sure what this new album is going to be, I’m nervous.” 

“I really love reputation as it is, but also the vault tracks would have just been so great for reputation,” Pruett said. “She would have been able to come back with so many more things than she did when she originally released it.” 

Fans also believe that this new album will be very similar to her previous album, Folklore. 

“Just because of how the album looks, and the name is so different from anything else,” Pruett said. “I don’t think it’s going to be any super upbeat pop stuff, but more like folklore.” 

Swift announced that her new album will be coming out April 19. Since this album is so different from all her others, many are just waiting for an explanation of the meaning. 

“I’m most looking forward to an explanation of the name, it’s kind of confusing me,” Pruett said. “It’s also just to see what the music sounds like because it sounds different than anything she has done before.”