The Student News Site of Aledo High School

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

A Girls Guide To: Christmas

With Chrstmas about a month away, everyone is getting ready for the holiday season. Finding the perfect gift for your girlfriend, family member or best friend is hard, so I’ve gathered some of my favorite gift ideas that won’t break the bank that you can use for the holidays. 

For that Swiftie in your life, my first suggestion would have to be the 1989 (Taylor’s Version) Pink Crewneck and Pink Jogger Sweatpants set. This cozy set t can be worn and bought together or separate and each piece costs $59.90. This set is so cute and comfy and can be paired with so many 

things. Although this may not be everyone’s favorite artist, I’m sure that you can find many other merch shops from. You can buy this on the Taylor Swift Official Website and it can be shipped in 1-2 business days Pink 1989 TS Crewneck  Pink 1989 TS Joggers

Another favorite of mine is L’Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara. This mascara is easy to take off, lengthening and so volumizing. It’s been my favorite for years! It’s on the lower end of the price range at $14.49 and can be found at CVS. It’s a perfect stocking stuffer for a girl who loves everything makeup. Telescopic Mascara

Next up on my list is the Bashful Pink Bunny from the JellyCat collection. Luckily, Byrd Mill has these in stock and it is right off of Bankhead. This gift is around $15-$30 depending on what size you want. It’s a cute idea for a gift and will lighten up a room. Byrd Mill also has many other animals and stuffed animals in case your gift recipient is into different things. Jelly Cat

You can never go wrong with jewelry, there are so many different ideas, but my personal favorite brand is Enewton and it can be found at EmmaCate off North Front Street. EmmaCate also carries a number of other types of jewelry and has something for everyone. Enewton products also don’t tarnish and they last for years. The jewelry can go from $30-$200 depending on what you want so it really does fit every price point. Enewton Designs

Last but definitely not least, is everyone’s favorite, a gift card! This one is especially good for someone who is picky and prefers to choose their own. Some of my favorites that are local are Starbucks and Serve gift cards. I know I love my coffee runs in the morning and a gift card would definitely come into good use for me. You could even make this your own and get one to a favorite shop or restaurant.

To make the holidays even more special, something you can do is plan out a day together. This is a great way to impress her while figuring out what to buy for her. This can be as simple as going to the movies and doing crafts together or having a nice dinner and then looking at Christmas lights. Out of all the gift ideas, I think there is something for everyone no matter who you’re gifting to!