The Student News Site of Aledo High School

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

Breakdown at Parade

During the Homecoming parade, the Aledo Ladycat powerlifting float broke down. The truck used for the float had minor restores needed. 

“We pushed it for about 90% of the route,” Coach Morgan said. “When we got over to the bus drop off, it was the best place we could kind of pull off and we did right there as kind of a route ending. So we maybe missed the last 75 yards.” 

Sophomore Christina LaPraim said she expected it to break down since it’s such an old truck. 

“We all hopped out because it had stopped for a second,” LaPraim said. “Then we go out and push it until we found a spot to pull it over and fix it.” 

When the float broke down, the powerlifting team pushed the float with the help of Coach Stockton starting the show to get the float rolling. The team took turns to keep from getting worn out. 

One of our senior’s parents were gracious enough to let us use their truck and their trailer and they’re actually in the process of restoring and rebuilding that truck,” said Coach of Aledo Ladycats powerlifting team Josh Morgan. “It’s got a brand new custom engine on it that had been tweaked to get it just right. To think of how long we were waiting and idling and the engine still not being entirely broken and adjusted, in the best way is kind of what caught up with us after a long time of setup and waiting.”