New Homecoming Week Safety Updates

Homecoming festivities kick off with the dance this Saturday from 8 to 10 p.m. in the AHS cafeteria. 

Typically held on the Saturday following the varsity football game, Bearcat Regiment will compete at the Bands of America DFW competition, so the early date allows Bearcat Regiment members to attend. 

In the email students and parents received from Principal Angi Tims on Sept. 21, there was a link attached to purchase tickets that will be available until this Friday. 

Student’s names will be shown on an attendee list at the door, and they should check in at the main entrance of the school. Students will also be required to show student ID badges before entering the dance. 

Next week, the dress-up theme for the homecoming game is “Road Trip.” Since the parade and pep rally will be held Monday, Oct. 3, the spirit day encourages students to dress as tourists. After school, the homecoming parade begins at 6 p.m. and the community pep rally will follow at the stadium.

Tuesday students should dress up as their favorite Hollywood Star. Wednesday is Biker versus Surfer day. Thursday is secret service day, where students are encouraged to dress up like secret service members and Friday is USA day. 

The homecoming game is on Oct. 7 against South Hills High School.