Teachers Versus Students in Dodgeball Tournament

The ninth grade Student Council is hosting a dodgeball tournament on Feb. 8 to raise money for Together We Rise, a non-profit organization that helps children and youth in foster care.

Student teams will play against each other to determine who will play against the teacher team in the championship. Each student team will have eight people on it. The tournament will be held in the ninth grade gym. There will be five student teams and one teacher team, each team must pay $10 to enter, and during FLEX students can pay $1 to watch. All teams are to be registered with Ms. Black in room A205, after five teams have signed up, no more will be taken.

All the money that is raised will be sent to Together We Rise. When children enter the foster system, they are given two trash bags in which to carry their belongings. Together We Rise gives those children duffel bags to carry their belongings from house to house in instead of trash bags. They also provide bicycles and college supplies to the children in foster care. Over ten years, the program has helped more than 290,000 children and youth in foster care and has more than 250,000 volunteers engaged.

“It is a good organization and a good way to help kids and youth who are in foster care,” said STUCO sponsor Ms. Black.