Taking it Step by Step

Schools across the country are beginning to implement and release their plans to start the 2020-2021 school year. Aledo has recently outlined how they plan to start the year and their plan for at least the next three weeks. 

Parents have chosen from two options provided by the district on how their students will learn for the first grading cycle, August 19 through October 16. They have the option of learning entirely remotely or taking place in a hybrid schedule. The hybrid schedule has students with last names starting with A through K will attend in-person school on Monday and Wednesday (which includes August 19, 24, 26, 31 and September 2) and will attend virtually all other days. Students with last names L-Z will attend school on Tuesday and Thursday (including August 20, 25, 27 and September 1 and 3), then will attend remotely all other days. All students will attend school virtually on Fridays. After the first two and a half weeks, students who have chosen the hybrid schedule will begin to attend school 5 days a week. All students in Aledo ISD, Pre-K through twelfth grade, will follow this schedule. 

Students in extracurricular activities such as band, choir, color guard, dance and sports will receive information from their coaches and sponsors on how their club will continue during the upcoming school year.

Bus and Meal Services will be available on the days students attend school in-person. Students have received an email from the district with their ID in barcode format to use in the cafeteria lines at the secondary schools for safety and sanitation purposes. Students will not be allowed to press their code into the keypad, they must present their barcode to be scanned. Cafeterias will be operating in a no change format. Students will need to pay with cash, and receive no change, or have money in their account.  

Students must bring reusable water bottles, face masks, hand sanitizer and a technology device excluding cell phones, either borrowed from the district or one of their own. If school supplies were ordered through the district, they will be available for pickup on the first day of school for students going in-person. 

Secondary students may have seen their schedule on their Canvas accounts, but those schedules have likely changed and are not final. To view the correct schedule, parents must log in to their Ascender Account, which is what they logged into when they registered students for the 2020-2021 school year. Schedules on Canvas will be updated before the first day of school. 

For any questions, go to the Aledo ISD page and click on the “Ready to Learn.”