Student Council’s May Fundraiser

The ninth grade Student Council is hosting a fundraiser benefiting Pennies for Patients during the week of May 13 through 17, and each day will have a theme. Monday will be Pennies for Pjs; Tuesday is Nickels for Neon; Wednesday will be Dimes for Decades; Thursday is Quarters for Crazy hair and/or socks; and Friday is Team Day, which can be shown wearing a jersey from your favorite team or even just their colors. The goal for the fundraiser is $750, and the class that raises the most money will earn a pizza party.  

“Raising money for Pennies for Patients is a great way for students to support them and dressing up for the different theme days is a very effective way to raise awareness for a cause that some high school students may not think about,” Student Council member Ellie Conlan said.

Pennies for Patients is an extension of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society which is the world’s largest nonprofit health organization. They are devoted to finding a cure for the different kinds of blood cancers and through their “Honored Heroes” they also help children fighting those cancers. Pennies for Patients is an elementary and middle school program that allows schools to raise money to help the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society continue their mission of finding a cure for Leukemia and Lymphoma.