Students Must Register for AP Exams

Students in AP classes who want to take the AP tests will need to register for them by 4 p.m. on Feb. 27. This process is required by the College Board for every student, and the deadline is inflexible.

This can be done through Google Classroom, but students must first join the class “2019 AP Exam Registration Aledo HS.” The code to join this class is 0nxciqd. This classroom contains an AP exam schedule for the 2019 exams, the official AP guide with instructions and information on different tests, and, most importantly, a Google Form that students must fill out to register for their tests.

However, filling out this form is not enough. Each test costs $94, which must be paid in full by Feb. 27 for students to complete their registration. This money should be given to Ms. Kisor in the counseling office in cash or check form. If it is difficult for a student to pay the $94 but they still want to take the test, they should talk to their counselor to discuss options the school provides.

Even after registering and paying, students still need to attend a “Pre-Administration” session during April. These sessions are April 15 from 6-7:30 pm, April 16 from 8-9:30 am, April 16 from 2:10-4:30, April 17 from 8-9:30 and April 17 from 2:10-4:30. Each student only needs to attend one of these, and they do not have to be there for the entire length of the session, but should plan to spend about 30 minutes filling out the required forms.

After this registration, there is nothing to do but study for the exams. The tests will be during the first two weeks of May from the United States Government and Politics exam at 8 a.m. on May 6 to the Computer Science A and Latin tests at 12 p.m. on May 17.