Homecoming Week Approaches

Parade+Route

Parade Route

Next week is the week of homecoming. Though the dance took place on the bye week, the rest of the activities will be held between Sept. 30 and Oct. 4.

The theme of this homecoming is board games. This theme will be demonstrated in the dress up days, homecoming floats and student section at the homecoming game.

Monday kicks off the week with a dress-up day at school, and after, a community parade and pep rally. Students are encouraged to match the theme “What Do You Meme?” with their attire by dressing as their favorite meme.

At 6 p.m, the parade will be held in the streets surrounding the high school, and it will end at the football stadium. School and community organizations will ride floats of their own design which are to match with the board game theme.

The pep rally will include introductions of many of the organizations who participated in the parade, as well as performances by the dance and cheer teams.

Tuesday’s dress-up theme will be “I-Spy,” so students are encouraged to wear camo. On Wednesday, they can wear an outfit matching their college or career of choice to fit the theme “The Game of Life.” Thursday’s theme is “Take Me Out to the Ball Game,” so students should wear a jersey.

On Friday, there is a dress-up day, “Sorry! Bearcats Are Winners!” in which the different classes have colors to wear corresponding to the board game play pieces: seniors should wear red, juniors blue, sophomores green, and freshmen yellow.There will also be a pep rally that morning, and that night, there is the homecoming varsity football game.

During halftime at the game, the homecoming court will be recognized. The freshmen on the court are Sarah Tillotson and Hudson Auscoin. The sophomores are Rilee Goggans and Shelby Bostick. Juniors on the court are Jade Petersen and Ava Magness, and the seniors nominated for homecoming queen are Kayla Metts, London Kasper and Kylie Belt.