HOSA Holds its First Meeting

HOSA began the year by holding two meetings, the first Sept. 11 and the other Sept. 12, in room 301. Both meetings covered the same things, so students who couldn’t attend one could attend the other. 

New this year is the point system that HOSA officers and sponsors are implementing. Each quarter, all members must have four points. Going to the meeting, either day, was one point and helping with the homecoming float will be another. The point system allows members to earn their cord for graduation and their letter jacket.

Those wanting to help with the homecoming float need to speak with senior Caitlin Zimmerman. They have decided that the float theme will be Operation. 

Another way to earn a letter jacket for HOSA is through leadership or through competition. The first competition will be the Fall Leadership Conference at Richland High School in North Richland Hills on Sept. 19 and will be $15 to attend, the cost also covers lunch. Members wanting to attend must register and pay by Sept. 25. 

The officers for the new year introduced themselves, Caitlin Zimmerman is President, Vice President is Hector Olazaran, Senior VP is Emma Tilley, Junior VP is Alexa Segovia, Sophomore VP is Amy Olazaran, Historian is Aiden Shaw and Secretary is Gabriel Roberts. 

Any freshman who would like to run for office must turn in their forms to Ms. Clader by Sept. 20. Also due on the 20 are the annual dues to the national HOSA organization, if anyone has an issue with paying the dues, they can talk to one of the sponsors: Mrs. Meador, Mrs. Goforth, Mrs. Long or Mrs. Clader.

Officers also ask that any new members join the remind and classroom, both are the same as last year so only new members should need to join. The remind code is: @aledohos and the classroom code is: 1d7p5x.