Heading to Florida

The band and choir will be spending six days in Florida for their spring trip. Half the trip will be at Disney World and the other half at Universal Studios.

The trip will begin in Disney World where the students will be able to go anywhere in the park until 9 p.m., when they all come together to watch fireworks.

“I’m really looking forward to coming back,” sophomore Luke Teague said. ”It has been awhile since I’ve been to Florida.”

On Saturday the band, choir and color guard will go to Animal Kingdom and stay for most of the day. Sunday, the band will still be at the Animal Kingdom while the color guard does a workshop.

“My favorite part of the trip will be seeing all the attractions and rides,” sophomore Spencer Cornwell said.

Monday morning, the band, choir and color guard will depart for their next hotel in Universal Studios. The color guard will be at Hollywood Studios, while the band will attend a workshop. The last time the band was at the Disney workshop they played music from “Frozen” before the movie was even announced.

“There are only a few times after marching season when we all come together as a full band,” sophomore Eric Heaton said. “The regiment is back together as a full group one last time in 2019.”

Tuesday, the band, choir and color guard will be at Land of Adventures, and finally Wednesday they will travel to Harry Potter World.

“I’m excited about the Disney trip because I’ll be spending time with my friends in Florida,” sophomore Ethan Sharp said.

The next big event for the band will be in April when they perform at the UIL and sight reading contest.