Finally Finals Week

It is the end of the semester, and everybody knows that that means: final exams. This year, finals will be on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of the last week of the semester.

The first period final will be from 8:40-9:55 on Wednesday.

Second and third period exams will be from 8:40-9:55 and from 10:00-11:15 on Thursday, while the seventh period test will be from 2:45-4:00 that same day.

On Friday, students will take the remainder of their finals, with fourth period from 8:40-9:55, fifth from 10:00-11:15 and sixth from 11:20-12:40. After the sixth period exam is over, the school will release early for break.

Juniors and seniors may be exempt from taking these finals if they meet the grade and attendance requirements. If they have a 75 or higher in the class, they may only have one excused absence and still be exempt; if they have an 80 or higher, they are allowed two excused absences, and if they have an 85 or higher, they can have three excused absences on their record and maintain their exemption status.

Any unexcused absence immediately revokes any exemptions in the class with the absence, but school-related absences do not count (sports tournaments, field trips, etc.), and neither do a students’ first two college visits of the school year or absences due to a loss in the family.

Students also may not have any disciplinary actions on record this semester (ISS, OSS, etc.).

The exemption privileges are by class, so one could be exempt in their first period but not their second, and the exemption privileges can be revoked at any time. The same rules apply to sophomores in the spring semester, but for fall exams, only upperclassmen can be exempt from their finals.