Kyle Taylor Seeks to Bring Wrestling to Aledo

The mats are layed out, a crowd of people begin to cheer as two wrestlers stare each other down before the whistle is blown for the match to begin. That once was the story for junior Kyle Taylor, but now Kyle is a new student at Aledo, and doesn’t have a wrestling team to join.

When Kyle attended Saginaw High School last year, he competed with the wrestling team however, Aledo doesn’t have a wrestling team, but Kyle is determined to continue doing the sport he loves by forming a team.

“At my old school I started wrestling my freshman year,” Taylor said.

Kyle is a junior now and plans to get the team started by next year.

Kyle defined himself as a good wrestler at Saginaw and wants to continue to dominate the scene at Aledo.

When at contests in the past, “I would win two to three fights or win out in competitions,” Taylor said.

Kyle asked principal Dan Peterson about starting a team, and was directed to Coach Grey, who told Kyle if he can find people to join, then he can start a wrestling team.

Kyle said that he isn’t worried about finding people to join, as he’s already found people who might be interested in joining the team.

Fliers have been put up around the school, that say “Aledo High School Wrestling Team Is Being Formed. For more information contact [email protected] or at 682-333-9180.”

If enough people join the wrestling team, then the team will likely start in the 2019-2020 season. Kyle will get to finish out his senior year playing the sport that he loves.